Thursday, January 11, 2007

Rattlesnake Roundup

So, James Von Waverton (aka J3K) and I decided that it would probably be in our best interests to wear helmet cams at all times to fully capture how ridiculously stupid we can be. Usually, we find it very amusing but who knows -- or really cares -- how observers might interpret us. Anywho, I found a great site for helmet cams.

James quickly pointed out the best action shot from the site:

It's not a headband; it's a Helmet Cam!!!

Inevitably, this led to a friendly wager. With his first paycheck after completing his PhD, Mr. Von Waverton will buy a helmet cam if I wrangle a live rattlesnake with my bare hands. After a little discussion, I must have a least one bare hand and can use a snake stick to help. Unfortunately, this wrangling will occur at a time and place of J3K's choosing. So, I fully expect to discover a rattlesnake in my bath one day.

For the record, we haven't made it official with a pinky swear yet. I need to find some place to take wrangling lessons.

By the way, my posting hiatus continues just a little longer. Tomorrow, I'm heading out to Colorado for a few days of snowboarding. Sadly, class begins next Thursday.

No comments: