Saturday, November 24, 2007

On the Couch Watching Football (Yep, It's Thanksgiving Weekend)

So, we're two days removed from Thanksgiving and I still feel like I'll never get my pants buttoned again. Seriously, I'm like a walking Alka Seltzer ad ... maybe Pepto Bismol. The food was great but there was just too much of it. As a result, I've decided to adopt an eating disorder for the remainder of 2007.

Quick recap before I hit the rack:
  • Thanksgiving: In the mountains with my wife's family, we ate too much and then sat outside by a fire. That night, we drank some beer around the fire and tried to see that elusive Holmes comet.
  • Black Friday: Sat outside for much of the day. Watched LSU get trounced by Mr. McFadden and the rest of the Razorbacks. Did no shopping whatsoever... even avoided commercials on the telly.
  • Today: Loaded the dog into the car to go for a hike. Arrived at trailhead in time to see no fewer than 20 people of various ages and athletic ability lumbering for the trail. Promptly returned home. Watched Dawgs trounce the Yellow Jackets. Saw Kentucky blow it. Smiled at the thought of my sister watching Alabama lose.
  • No Country for Old Men: Do yourself a favor and go see it. It's a fantastic Coen brothers film and a great adaptation of the book. I'll see it again this week. Tommy Lee Jones and Javier Bardem both deserve nods at Oscar time.

No comments: