Friday, August 28, 2009

Deep Inside Walter's Back

Or Why I"m Taking a Break From Eating Butter
(Or: Why I'll Never Again Look at a Wood Chisel the Same Way)
A couple of weeksa ago in Anatomy Lab, I used a wood chisel and a hammer to perform a laminectomy on Walter. We removed part of his vertebral column so that we could take a gander at his spinal cord. It was ridiculously cool but it will forever make me think of Walter whenever I see a wood chisel.

Also, during dissection, fat cells seem to "weep" their contents into your work space. While I was trying to clean around some muscles in the neck, these yellow fat cells kept oozing greasy fat. If I wasn't already a little put off by them, I certain was when one of my teammates remarked that it looked like melted butter. I immediately grabbed a dinner roll and, then, puked.

Overheard
"Aww, man...these nuts taste like my cadaver smells."

Advising my classmate to stop eating the nuts seemed like a sensible reply that, if nothing else, completely let go of the comedic gem of his statement. He should consider it a freebie.

1 comment:

Randy said...

Guy gets into an elevator. He is alone for one stop when he is then joined by a hot young lady heading out on the town. They continue down on the elevator - just the two of them.

"Can I smell your balls?" she suddenly inquires.

"Whu...whu..what?" he stammers trying to come up with a reply.

"Can I smell your balls?" she repeats.

"Definitely not!!!" he finally exclaims, thinking fondly of his fiancee.

She concludes, "Then it must be your feet."