Tuesday, October 05, 2010

You're Talking About a Song?

In a brief respite from studying for my upcoming Renal exam, some friends and I went to hear one of our classmates perform a local venue.  We grabbed some drinks and a spot and listened to her set with a ton of students from the 1st year class.  We were chatting with one of the 1st year students when, randomly, he asked if we liked masturbation.
"Sure, man, I'm all for it," I said. My friend SJ piped up that she was also a fan.
"Yeah, it's a pretty good song," he replied.
"Oh, you're talking about a song..."
"Yeah, 'Masturbation' is one of her songs," he offered.
"Don't know it," I admitted. "Never heard it."
He looked a little perplexed but said, "You'll know it's the song when you hear something really uptempo."
"And you'll know it's the other if my hand is in my pants," I said.
He looked like he was about to say something else before he thought better of it and just turned around.  Conversation over.  What can I say, I'm a winner.

Aside from that comedic gem, nothing else is happening or has happened other than a ton of studying.  Tomorrow is my first exam covering the renal system.  I have tons of stuff to get through in advance of the test.  As I didn't see Winning Run over the weekend, one of the little bits of joy has been getting Hipstamatic for my phone.  Here are a few shots:

 The view from my desk.

A car hit the house across the street in the middle of the night.

Hops field at sunset.

Sunset from my apartment.  Mt. Adams is in the distance.

No comments: