Monday, October 14, 2013

Out of the Forest

It's been far too long since I've last posted.  I'm renewing my commitment to update more frequently. Thus, it begins anew (again... but for real this time).

So much has happened since I last wrote.  Here's a brief recap:
  • My dad's lymphoma recurred.
  • My son celebrated his first birthday (and is, now, a week away from his second).
  • I matched at the Family Medicine residency program of my choice.
  • I graduated medical school and was joined by an amazing group of friends and family for the celebration.
  • I was selected by my classmates to deliver a commencement address at graduation. (I think I nailed it by earning the day's only standing ovation!)
  • I actually started residency and am almost a third of the way through the first year of it!
  • My wife and I celebrated our ten year wedding anniversary.
  • I survived my first inpatient rotation in Internal Medicine.
  • I'm enjoying my Emergency Medicine rotation.
  • I'm overworked, underpaid, and just plain exhausted ... the charming life of a resident.
From graduation:




No comments: