Thursday, September 09, 2010

Sometimes You're a 1998 Mercury Sable ...

... and sometimes you're the fresh hood ornament.  Here's to being the Mercury Sable.

It would've looked better on a Thunderbird.

Tomorrow morning's test quickly approaches.  So far this week, I've managed to maintain my streak of being called on in each interactive session.  The week began with being first out of the gate in a pharmacology session.  You always want to be the first because the first question is typically easier than the subsequent ones and you get to relax for the remainder of the session.  Luckily, I answered the question correctly and proceeded to enjoy the hell out of the remaining hour and fifty-nine minutes of the session while some of my peers anxiously sweated it out.  Today culminated with my incorrect (or, rather, "non-indicated") answer of avoiding spicy and tomato-based foods as the most appropriate follow-up therapy for a particular patient with GERD.  Nice but no cigar.  Well, at the very least, I was thinking of a friend back home and using her to form an empirical plan of action.

Tonight, my plan is to get to bed at a decent hour (11pm? midnight?) and be back on campus at 6am for a final push into the test.  Then, after 70-seconds per question for about 140 questions, I'll be able to relax and do more studying.

La vida pura!

No comments: