Thursday, September 02, 2010

Well, Doctor, If You Must

In light of my less than stellar performance on last week's pharmacology exam, I dropped by to visit my professor to review my study habits and seek guidance.  Not only is he one of the most intelligent people that I've ever encountered (read: freakishly genius) but he's also got an amazingly dry sense of humor that he quickly and deftly displays. 

During our discussion, I told him how I'm studying with others, discussing the mechanism of action of the drugs, picking a prototypical drug in a particular class to learn, and, then, comparing the prototype's half-life, adverse effects, and contraindications with others.  Then, I mentioned that I'm striving to find other materials that would help me to quickly assimilate the information.  Like many other times, the gulf between what I aimed to say and what I said was wide, my friends.  Here's how the exchange occurred:
"So, Dr. _____, I'm really trying to quickly inseminate the information," I say confidently.
[Awkward pause.]
"Well, Doctor, if you must," he says with a half-concealed grin.
"I think I'll just try to learn the material, sir."
Once again, victorious in the ways of oration.

4 comments:

Resident PhotographER said...

Love it dude......

In other avenues related to this post, Lippencotts is a legit book for pharm. Feel free to check mine out sometime...

FunnyGirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FunnyGirl said...

Do you remember the Christmas party in Athens? My memory fails me right now, but your job had something to do with promoting music/bands. A co-worker of yours had a VERY revealing blouse on that night. As you introduced me to her, you said, "This is one of my BREAST friends, Ashley." Still hilarious to me.

Randy said...

Barry Bonds indeed...well disseminated.