Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Another Day of Bliss

I know it sounds nuts but, for the last 10 days, I've not really cracked a textbook. I've casually been working on application-related things but have taken a vacation from the studies.

Here are a few things that I've done in the last 10 days that I've neglected over the last 12 months:
  • Played two consecutive games with the Sleestaks, my softball team. During the playoffs, I smashed a triple to right-center field for 3 RBIs during a rally that led to us beating the #1 seed by 1 run (22-21) after being down 19-10.
  • Worked in the yard planting hydrangeas and other plants for the day.
  • Sat on my front porch before 8am, having coffee, and reading "Blink" by Malcolm Gladwell.
  • Spent some good time and had a long conversation with my parents.
  • Slept until 8:30 for three consecutive mornings.
  • Walked the dog during the day.
  • Exhaled calmly while not really thinking about anything.
  • Started making the rounds to contact friends that I've neglected over the last year.
This too shall pass. I'm feeling the first twinges of what I like to call my "Oh Shit!" moment when I freak out and suddenly find the motivation to become laser-focused on something. MCAT, here I come!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

At least wait till after the big 3-4 celebration this weekend!!!!