Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Sigh of Relief

The results are in: I earned a "B-" in Organic Chem. Man, I was sweating it. I can't tell you how relieved I am to be over this hurdle. For the semester, I turned in the following performance:
  • Physics II : A
  • Biology : B
  • Organic Chem II : B-
Suddenly, things seem much more real. My cumulative GPA for the post-bacc program turned out to be 3.482. I wanted a 3.5 or higher but I'll take what I earned; it's not too shabby. Now, I simply need to kick some ass on the MCAT and I'll be okay.

Not a bad showing for such an intense year.

What a year. I remember starting this thing last year and being completely unsure that I was doing the right thing. (As evidenced by my earliest posts on this site. For example, this and this.) Basic algebra was really freaking me out. Certainly, I was making a huge mistake. Looking back though, it doesn't seem quite so bad. This might've been one of the most difficult things I've done. It is, of course, but the first step on this journey.

Now, I've got to get it in gear; no rest for the weary. (I'll take a breather when I'm 41.)

No comments: