Thursday, June 01, 2006

I Survived Week One ...

... and all I have to show for it is this crappy stomach ulcer.

It has really put me through the ringer. All week long, I've started the day at 5:30 or 6:00am, taken a quick shower, and started my studying around 6:45am. I've hit the rack at about 11:30 or midnight for a few hours of restless sleep.

Get this: the other morning, I was calculating the mass of all the gold dissolved in the oceans. What??? While the world is sleeping, I'm busting my hump trying to come up with the fact that there are approximately 8.0 x 1012 grams of gold in the oceans. I'd rather have been counting the hairs on my head. After this week, I'm left with about twelve of them.

After the first day of class, I just knew I was in over my head. Exponential math? Algebra? Come on! I haven't done that since the '80's. Luckily, though, I wasn't alone. Apparently everyone in the class felt quite lost and terribly inadequate. Even so, "TG" (That Guy) had no takers on his offer of hugs and inappropriate touching.

I suppose that I'm settling into everything. Everyone seems pretty cool, even my nemesis. Still, I think he may be trying to lure me into a false sense of security. After reading a few animal behavior books as reference, I'm convinced that, next week, I should push him down and dry-hump him in front of the group as a way of establishing my dominance. Anyway, it's just a thought.

A Physical Progression

At the beginning of the week:


Today:

"Milk was a bad choice."

No comments: