Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Hooga Chakka

After an amazing weekend at Fenway South, formerly known as Turner Field, I awoke to the harsh world of introductory chemistry. Man, I feel so dumb on Mondays. By Thursday, though, I usually feel smarter. (Typically, this occurs after a beer or two.)

To top it off, the Sleestaks earned their first defeat of the softball season last night. I was pitching instead of playing shortstop. The other team, every damned one of them, seemed to be a seasoned placement hitter. Ripped us apart. It was bad.

What cheers me up when I'm feeling so low? A little something I like to call Hasselhoff.








Takes me back to 2002 when this was brand new. Ahh, Mr. David Hasselhoff, you warm me. You make me feel human, again. I am a knight. A rider. A bay watcher. (Or an Inuit snowboarder. Or a safari guide.)

Hooga Chakka, indeed.

Pitchfork has a compilation of "100 Awesome Music Videos" here. Don't be disappointed when you don't see something with such a stunning array of special effects, as Hasselhoff's "Hooked On a Feeling."

No comments: